Thursday, April 13, 2006

Two over months have passed and time is still ticking away. I have taken many roundabouts through wrong decision-making, and with wrong responses. How long more, just how long will I keep running in circles? It is not about the time I have wasted, or the things I have missed. What that is really lost, is the impact that could have been made, lives that could have changed. I chose to not let it all happen, I chose to back off and be indifferent of all that is happening. How long more, I asked. Silence.

I watched Eight Below today (or yesterday to be exact). It is a movie about the courage of the Antartica explorers and their sleigh dogs. I did not expect much because the description of it that I heard was not very exciting to me. But being there, and seeing it for myself, I must say that it is a real good movie to catch. It captures your emotions and brings you to another world, halfway round the other side of the globe. It is amazing!

I weeped during the show when I hear this statement, "Sometimes, we have to take a risk for the things we care about."

What is your first response when you find yourself struggling to breathe in a whirl pool of uncertainty? My response broke the silence I had at the beginning.



*A soldier enters into a battlefield with an identity no longer his own,
but that of a soldier*
Yes, I will.

No comments: